Tuesday, January 25, 2011

America Turns Its Back On American Idol

Simon Cowell's enormously rude, extremely degrading, and altogether unneccessarily hurtful critiques on American Idol will be sorely missed.

No, seriously.

Media Decoder reports that after Idol's panel of judges switched out Simon Cowell, the ratings dropped nearly 20%!!

Well, the loss of Cowell wasn't the only change that contributed to the lower ratings. There has also been a drop in the number of outrageously awful singers on the show.

What does this say about America? That when a show that was initially about giving talented singers a real chance to make it in the world loses its grouchiest judge and filler jokes of singers, we lose interest? I mean, I know I enjoyed General Larry Platt's performance as much as the next person, but he was hardly going on to the next round.



Shame, America, shame. I've never really been a fan of American Idol myself, but I can assure you that the next time I find myself with nothing to do on a Wednesday evening (around 8/7 central). I'll be supporting new judges and real talent.


Liann Harris can be reached at celloplyr4jesus@yahoo.com. She is currently studying English and Psychology at Austin College and hopes to be a novelist someday. She enjoys television, travel, honesty, and living on the fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment